Saturday, March 7, 2009

How Clean is your House

Today I washed all our bed linen right down to the mattress cover. I think I’ve developed some new phobias since we’ve been travelling like being weird about sleeping in other beds. It’s mainly related to cleanliness I think especially when a place looks clean at first glance and then you find stuff like stray hair, ugh! I didn’t wash the quilt. It was too big to fit in the 5kg machine but I might take it to the drycleaners.

There's a show on tv here called "How Clean is your House" where these two women called Kim and Aggie go to people's houses who have lost the plot in the housework department. It's just amazing to see how people can live in such squalid and grotty conditions. They come in with their team of cleaners and they also do scientific testing for various bacteria and germs then transform the house and return a couple of weeks later to see if the people have kept up the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne, You seem to be getting like your mother-in-law. This is a bit of a worry. Rob