Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Snow shopping 25 November 2008

Today we went shopping for Christmas goodies for the kids at the Carrefour at Portet-sur-Garonne which I’d read about on the Americans in Toulouse website. We came home with various bits and pieces but the best bit was getting Samuel kitted out for the snow. The reason I was so thrilled to get Samuel's ski gear is that we only paid 29 € for the all in one suit in a fire engine red colour and I was expecting to pay hundreds. But I shouldn't speak too soon. Andrew and I have to get our ski clothes yet. We are planning to go ski-ing in January some time. It seemed like a good day to buy snow gear considering the temperature outdoors didn’t get over 4° all day and also raining. It was like walking around in a freezer. The thermometer in the car started flashing on 3°, maybe it doesn’t go lower than that.

No comments: