Monday, July 7, 2008

Getting ready to go

Packing is progressing slowly. This is a really big move for us. I've lived in Mount Isa most of my life and since I've had the kids, I've become even more sentimental/emotional about everything. It makes life very hard when you have to decide what to throw and what to keep. I tend to want to keep everything, especially all the kids artwork and stuff. I guess I'm struggling with the idea of them growing up so fast too and me getting older as well.
Andrew doesn't want to take much stuff with us. He says we'll end up like The Klampetts travelling around Europe with our ancient station wagon loaded up with all our bits and pieces hanging from the roof rack. We are selling our house and car in Mount Isa (house prices are very high so it's a good time to be selling). At the moment Andrew is madly painting and doing all those things that you need to do to make your house sell that you never got around to doing to make it nice for yourself when you lived there.

No comments: