Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More visa fun

The French Embassy has faxed a curt letter requesting three additional things for our visa applications. The Marriage Certificate was easy (although I could not find anywhere in the whole realm of paperwork where it asked for our marriage certificate or I would have included it, wouldn't I?), the travel insurance certificate was easy and the third thing was the proof of accommodation which I have already mentioned before. Well, of course it was panic stations for me because time was rapidly becoming of the essence as they say. Luckily my trusty sister who lives in Sydney was able to zoom up to the Embassy and deliver our documents to the Embassy personally to speed things up. The uncharming fellow she dealt with wouldn't believe the credit card travel insurance was for the full 12 months and lovely fellow made Irene stand there while he rang Zurich to confirm it. This was after she was directed to the wrong queue to start with.

No comments: