Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt Part II

The Easter egg hunt at the chateau ended up being a bad day when I fell on the stone stairs (damn those pesky stone stairs) and twisted my ankle and also hurt my derriere when I landed on the bottom step. Very bl**dy painful and annoying considering we've got our 2 week trip to Italy and Slovenia booked in 4 days time. So I hope I can walk on it by then otherwise it's going to be awkward leaning on crutches at The Leaning tower of Pisa.

I've been into the "what ifs" after spraining my ankle. What if this happens…what if that happens – very fatalistic and negative. I think it’s from watching too many medical dramas on tv and reading too many medical horror stories in the news. Complications happen. My ankle seems to be taking forever to get better. Should it still be swollen after 7 days I wonder? I still can’t put full weight on it. The kids have been calling me “The Mighty Mama” since I’ve been on crutches.

No comments: