Friday, July 3, 2009

Strasbourg 1 July 2009

We arrived in Strasbourg around lunchtime, found underground parking at a shopping centre and bought a snack and a drink for the kidlets. Then I went off on my own to look for the tourist office at the Gare. It wasn’t far to the gare and it was quicker without the kids once I worked out which way I was meant to be going. I think I need to pack a compass on my next trip. I can never tell which way is up. It was kind of exciting walking along on my own in a strange town. Eventually when I found the tourist office I saw that the map cost a euro and I only had the small change purse on me with 87 cents in it because Andrew always carries the money with him in his wallet and we’re never apart. It was abit embarrassing not having any money to pay for a map but I found some change in my pocket.

No comments: