Friday, July 3, 2009

Thursday 2 July 2009

Andrew washed and vacuumed the car today. In the afternoon we took it to the Renault dealer and asked about selling it. The lady said it was “too new” for them. I thought that was hilarious. I've never heard of a car being too new. I thought it was a good thing that it was still new. Anyway, she suggested we try the garages that do mechanical repairs which also sell cars. I’ve got a bad feeling about this. I can see it turning into a big drama. We had originally planned to sell the car in Slovenia where everybody seems so obliging and helpful. But we didn’t get around to it. There’s a few things I wanted to do which I didn’t get around to doing only because we couldn’t get ourselves organised.

Also, today we tried to find out about getting on the Eurostar from Calais over to Dover. It’s all so complicated. The cheapest way to go over is if we take a car but seeing as we won’t have a car (we’ll have sold it by then, won't we!?) the ferry is the next best option. We wanted to travel via the chunnel but it’s really expensive. Something like ₤301.

No comments: