Sunday, July 19, 2009

Turnberry - Saturday 18 July 2009

Andrew is going to be at the British Open all day today. He left early because the traffic is expected to be heavy and he wants to be there in good time. The place we’re staying is about 50 miles away from Turnberry. We’re on a farm in a cottage near Kirkcudbright (pronounced kirkoobree) but there’s a ping pong table, trampolines, tennis court and other things for the kids to play with as long as it doesn’t rain. And then there’s always the pesky DS’s.

This morning I was trying to be quiet so I didn’t wake the kids up. The lack of sleep catches up with them. Sometimes we need to get them up early because of our travel plans but there’s other times when it would be good if they could sleep longer but can’t because the morning light is so bright coming into the bedroom and the curtains aren’t dark enough. Anyway I’m trying to be as quiet as I can but the stillness here makes every little sound seem magnified. These old places make more noises than normal with their creaky, squeaky floorboards and doors not to mention my joints cracking as I try to tip toe down the hallway.

No comments: