Friday, August 14, 2009

Thursday 13 August 2009

I’ve really been going on about my kids not enjoying what we’re doing, the travel, the sightseeing. My children are wonderful and I think I’ve been too hard on them. The travel wears them out and I haven’t appreciated how tired they are and how much it affects their mood and behaviour. I think they’ve missed their friends and having other kids to play with regularly and they don’t understand why we would want to travel and leave our own home for such a long time. I love history and old things and imagining how life must have been in the olden days for different people. I don’t think children at 7 ¾ years old can really understand the meaning of history and the hundreds of years of time involved. I have been trying to make the most of Paris without the kids joining in because they’re happier playing at home in the unit than looking at all the beauty and history of Paris. I wonder how other people with kids cope.

No comments: