Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Cruise

One of the best bits of cruising is when you leave the port and sail out into the open ocean. When you’re out in the middle of the ocean and there is absolutely nothing else to look at just the neverending sea and sky. It's very relaxing. The ship glides along the water. You can hardly feel you're moving at all.

I would have liked for the English speaking people to get together and meet up before the cruise finished. We seemed to start chatting to people just as it was time to leave. Apparently there was an official greeting in English at the start of the cruise but we missed it because our information was given to us in german not english. We think they thought we were Austrian and not Australian.

The food on the cruise was fantastic. I ate an absolute mountain of food. It was impossible to resist overeating. I had to try abit of everything. Andrew is calling me his little buffet muffin because of the vast amount of food I've been eating. The food is non stop and lots of variety of everything. My favourite is the afternoon tea with tray after tray of scrumptious sweets, cakes and slices. Yum.

No comments: