Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bad Experiences 10 September 2008

We almost had a prang this morning at Bram. Andrew was looking to see if there was any cars coming and he had to edge out a bit to see past the parked cars and this little car appeared in front of us at great speed and we almost hit him. He skidded to a screaming halt and started to reverse – I think he was going to have a go at us but must have thought better of it.

The other day we were racing back from Carcassonne. Trying to get back in time to get the kids for lunch and a truck started pulling out of a concealed driveway – I thought I was dead. The little Clio wouldn’t have much chance if something that size hit it.

At Millau I had a bad experience with Ella when we were playing in the River Tarn. The water was clear and cold, really nice but there was this little bit of rapid water and Ella lost her footing and it swept her along. I grabbed her by the arm and held on for dear life but the water was stronger than I thought and I had one of those moments (if you’ve had one, you’ll know what I mean) that I thought “SHIT! I’m in trouble here” and it took all my strength to hold on to Ella as well as keep myself up out of the water.

Later when I was thinking about it I thought we would have just been carried down the river a bit further and got totally soaked. I think I was scared I might drown and I couldn’t let Ella drown too.

No comments: