Thursday, October 16, 2008

Travelling with Kids

I don’t know what happens to my kids when they get in the car to go somewhere. They can’t stand being in enclosed quarters with each other. They start niggling and arguing and whinging and whining. Andrew and I get tense with each other and it’s not a fun time. What do other parents do? I feel terrible because I can’t stand the carryon but honestly I feel like dropping them off on the side of the road and picking them up on the way back.

Normally they are both good friends with each other, very tolerant and understanding and talk to each other in nice voices but car trips really bring out the worst in them.

Today we only went to Narbonne Plage – it took just under an hour. I mean, really, that’s not long in anyone’s book for a car trip, is it??

No comments: