Thursday, February 26, 2009

French Hairdressers

Andrew and I both need a haircut. Andrew and Samuel had a haircut in Barcelona at the barber who did a wonderful job with only his scissors, no clippers to be seen and then we all had a haircut before Christmas from Kristel in Carlipa who came around to our house and gave us all a good tidyup.

Now we all need grooming again. I must tell you I’ve been wanting to visit the hairdresser in France for a while but have been abit scared due to the language factor and not to mention, the cost. But Andrew would not be put off. He said let’s go and get a rendevous with the hairdresser. He’s a man who needs a mission. Anyway we rolled up at the hairdresser in our local shopping centre and they don’t take rendezvouses (plural of rendezvous) and we were asked to sit and wait till a hairdresser was free and we were both able to have our hair cut at the same time. It actually wasn’t a big drama at all but there wasn’t any any of the normal chit chat and gossip that goes on when you’re at the hairdresser.

One thing the hairdresser did that they do to me in Australia every time is to look aghast at my hair as if to say who on earth did this to your hair. Just about every time I go to the hairdresser at home they criticise whoever came near my hair before. I say well I’ve been coming to this salon for 15 years so it must have been someone in this salon.

No comments: