Thursday, February 19, 2009

I found some beautiful looking big fat red strawberries at the supermarket. They came from Spain. They were delicious. They tasted like strawberries should taste not that cardboardy-nothing taste like they’ve been picked too early before they’re ripe.

The apples, oranges and lemons from Espagne are good too. I've made apple crumble and my orange cake twice already.

We’ve found a Boulanger nearby where we’ve been buying our baguettes. The bread he makes is the best we’ve had in France I think. So scrumptious! A little crunchy on the outside and so soft on the inside – delicious! We’re buying 3 baguettes a day would you believe. Boy I’m going to miss that bread when we leave France. I’ve also found someone to practice my French on….the boulanger. He never understands a thing I say but I just keep repeating myself till I get it right. I only talk to him when there’s no-one else in the shop, of course, so they don’t laugh at me.

No comments: